Our office provides a number of options for dental restorations to meet each patient’s particular needs. They include traditional one-appointment restorations or two-appointment lab-fabricated porcelain dental restorations, described below.
Composite fillings are placed in one appointment and can be used to treat dental decay while providing an esthetic restoration for patients.
Tooth colored lab-fabricated restorations (onlays) create fillings that are not only beautiful (or unnoticeable) but also add strength to weakened teeth. These restorations are aesthetically pleasing and very strong thanks to new bonding technologies.
The result is a beautiful smile!
Porcelain inlays or onlays to replace old, worn, stained, unesthetic and/or defective restorations involve two appointments.
Your First Appointment:
- The old filling is removed along with any additional decay.
- An impression is made of your teeth. A model of your teeth is made and sent to the lab.
- A temporary onlay is placed on the tooth.
At the Lab: A resin is carefully placed into the model of your teeth. It is then designed to look natural.
Your Second Appointment:
- The temporary onlay is removed.
- A conditioning gel is placed on your tooth to prepare it for the new onlay.
- Bonding cement is placed on the tooth and a high intensity light bonds the resin to the tooth.
- The tooth is then polished.
Your teeth are restored to a natural look and feel, they are stronger and the tooth is protected!